- October 10, 2017
- Posted by: wp
- Category: QuickBooks
Set up QuickBooks Scan Manager install a new scanner or if you are scanning documents for the first time, you need to set up the QuickBooks Scan Manager for QuickBooks Attached Documents.
Set up QuickBooks Scan Manager:
Step one: Create your Scan Profile
- From the QuickBooks icon bar, click Docs to open the Doc Center.
- Click Scan a Document.
- Select the appropriate Scan Profile or click New to set up a new profile
- Edit the name of your profile or leave it as New Profile. Then click Continue.
- Adjust the profile settings as appropriate or leave them set to the defaults. Then click Save
Step two: Set up and test your scanner
- Highlight your profile, then the click Select.
- In the Select Scanner window, click Scanner Setup Wizard.
- The Current Selection field should list your scanner.
- scanner listed, select the Yes radio button then click Next to download the latest scanner database from Nuance.
- Choose the appropriate mode. Typically this will be Normal Mode. Check the Perform Tests box then click Next.
- Click Next to start testing your Scanner.
- Select the tests you want to run. Click Next, then Next again to start the scanner test.
- Click Next to perform the next test.
- Once you have tested all modes successfully, you can use your scanner with QuickBooks.
Troubleshooting Scan issues:
If you are having trouble setting up scan manager or scanning documents, start by checking the following:
- Ensure you are using a TWAIN compliant scanner.
- Check whether you can use your scanner normally outside of QuickBooks. If not, the problem may lie with the scanner itself.
Local checks error
If the patch scan tool cannot connect to a Windows asset, a yellow triangular warning icon is displayed next to the asset in the scan results.
You can configure credentials in the scan profile or in centralized credentials. If the scanner is scanning Windows-based hosts, the following three windows services that must be configured correctly:
- Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
- Admin shares
Rescan the image using a different color mode.
Scanning into Acrobat in some color modes can cause problems when using certain scanners.
For instructions on scanning into Acrobat using a different color mode, see the documentation included with the scanner.
Login with a new account.
If you’ve successfully scanned into Acrobat before, then your user account could be corrupted, causing problems when you scan. Create a user account with administrative privileges, and then log into Windows using the new account.
Patch scan is not connecting to Linux asset
To scan Linux operating systems by using secure authentication, configure public key encryption between your console or managed host and your scan targets.
Non-root user accounts must have the permissions to run the commands that Q Radar Vulnerability Manager requires to scan for patches on Linux and UNIX computers.
General troubleshooting scan tasks
Perform the following tasks to determine if issues with the scanner,settings, or driver issues cause the problem.
1. Verify that the scanner works by scanning in another application.
Verify that the scanner works properly by scanning into another application (for example, Microsoft Word) using the same settings that failed with Acrobat.
3. Install the latest scanner driver.
Reinstalling the scanner driver replaces the TWAIN file.
Windows or Winnt folder. Then, restart Windows, and then install the latest scanner driver according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
4. Restart your computer with startup items disabled.
Some applications can cause system errors or freezes when running concurrently with Adobe Acrobat. Before starting Acrobat, disable other applications, including startup items.
Users can dial our QuickBooks Pro support number +1855-441-4417 to fix the any kind of QuickBooks error .